Select the country of your choice
Support to the local Skills Center in agroecology
SWISSAID supports family farms and professional organizations in Guinea-Bissau to implement their agricultural activities. In order to develop these activities, SWISSAID wishes to set up a local skills center in agroecology.
Agrisud supports SWISSAID in this initiative carrying out training and follow-up activities with about 20 members from this hub.
The expected benefits of this collaboration are at two levels:
- producers: by providing concrete answers to the problems they encounter in the implementation of their market-gardening activities, and especially issues concerning the protection of soil fertility, water resources and pest pressure;
- SWISSAID and its partners: by supporting them to establish a skills development center in agroecology for efficient crop and livestock systems, also well adapted to the region context.
Learning cycle « Management advice for sustainable agriculture »
This cycle was designed especially for the project's needs based on both guides « Agroecology in Practice » (Agrisud, 2010) and « Managing Advice for family farms (VSB) » (Agrisud, 2015). It is addressed to the teams / partners who support farmers and professional agricultural organizations.
It is based on the transfer of methodologies and tools:
- understand the farming operation and how it works;
- understand agroecology and its economic, social and environmental dimensions;
- understand the principles of sustainable management of an agrosystem;
- analyze an intervention situation, identify appropriate agro-ecological practices;
- knowledge of basic agro-economic concepts;
- identify outcome indicators;
- collect and process data related to company results and environmental changes;
- be able to advise a company (observations, follow-up of recommendations and analysis of the results taking into account the environment).
Expected results:Support mission Budget :€100,000 over 2015-2020 Funding :Swissaid Project management :Agrisud in support of Swissaid (training and follow-up) Partnerships :Swissaid