The photo exhibition titled “Sustainable food system in the Hoàng Liên National Park” was shown on the 29 of October during the inauguration of the Cooperative based in the park.
Its goal is to raise awareness among local stakeholders about the challenges of sustainable consumption especially through the promotion of agroecology and short food supply chains.
This exhibition is the start of a series of events organized by Agrisud as part of the ALIMENTERRE international Festival.
Promoting local expertise and raising awareness about sustainable food systems.
A hundred people, mainly farmers, representatives of local authorities and associations, attended the opening ceremony of the Hoàng Liên Cooperative which gathers honey and tea producers.
At the same time, they were able to discover many photographs showing the key points of the sustainable food systempromoted by the cooperative within the national park :
- Strengthening agro-ecological practices, in order to improve the production (quantity, quality, diversity) and to preserve the park’s natural resources which are threatened by the deforestation and climate change
- Sharing knowledge and know-howabout good agroecological practices in order to develop a sustainable agriculture at a larger scale
- Collaborating through a participative approach,in order to promote the economic development of small farms and their presence on local markets
- Implementing quality procedures,n order to ensure the nutritional quality of local products to consumers
- Creating responsible marketing chains,in order to ensure regular and sufficient income for the families, to provide diversified and qualitative products to local markets and to reduce the negative impacts on the environment at the same time
- Supporting the empowerment of female producers, who are playing a major role in the transformation of food systems towards more sustainable ones
Sustainable consumption to act positively on the environment : everyone is concerned !
Producing and consuming in a sustainable way requires the involvement of all stakeholders in the territory, each at their own scale has a role to play, among those who attended the opening of the photo exhibition :
- the producers,through their choice of crops and agricultural practices;
- the local authorities,by supporting producers’ cooperatives and facilitating their access to local markets;
- the national park,by supporting environmentally friendly practices;
- the consumers,by buying healthy and local products with low ecological impact.
Besides its agricultural activities, the Hoàng Liên Cooperative wishes to expand its role by raising awareness among park’s visitors and local consumers to sustainable agriculture. This is an action mainly oriented on beekeeping because of its importance in the preservation of natural resources.
This photo exhibition for the ALIMENTERREFestival is part of this approach, which is why it was displayed in front of the Cooperative’s shop for more than a week. Passers-by were able to learn more about the impact of their consumption.
Beyond its environmental aspect, consuming healthy and local products contributes to promoting more sustainable and responsible food systems because of its impact on both consumers and producers quality of life.