4th International Conference on Global Food Security
From 16.30 to 18
SYM16 – “Key drivers of sustainability and resilience of food production - Feedbacks from the field in Africa, South-East Asia and the Carribean”
This events will contribute to session topic 8. Availability: production, distribution and exchange of food.
By crossing development and research points of view, it will explore multidisciplinary issues (agronomy, economy, sociology and environment) to implement solutions adapted to various contexts: agroecology, economic empowerment and value chain integration of family farming and multi-stakeholders territorial approach.
Agrisud will participate to share its analysis on risks and resilience factors of food systems observed on its fields of action.
Organisers : Elsevier, Montpellier Univeristy et Wageningen University & Research with the collaboration of : Agropolis International, Agropolis Fondation, CCARDESA, CGIAR, CIRAD, IDRC, INRAE and IRD.
Moderator : Patrice Burger, Chairman of CARI
- Sylvain Berton, Head of Operations – Agrisud International
- Sylvain Deffontaines, Program coordinator AGRITER – Agrisud International
- Imane Taaime, Head of the Norsys Foundation in Morocco
- Jean-Louis Rastoin, Honorary professor – Montpellier SupAgro Chair UNESCO World Food Systems
The mini-symposium will be done in French :
- Presentation : 45 minutes (development practitioners and scientists points of view)
- Synthesis and key elements for discussions : 15 min
- Debate : 30 minutes
Inscription - Free access for students and grants available for delegates from developing countries