In parallel with the ongoing negotiations on climate, side events are a great way to agroecology could well be on the agenda of solutions.
Globaly NGOs and Agrisud support the idea that family farms can be resilient to climate risks, and may also contribute significantly to mitigation. But two conditions: the adaptation of agricultural practices to reduce vulnerability, and complementarity of scale between the culture of land, farming and the land.
Important initiatives are emerging around the preservation and restoration of the productive capacity of the soil as the basis of agro-ecological systems: the initiative 4 for 1000 and the concept of Land Degradation Neutrality, which subscribed Agrisud, draw perspectives interesting. However, it is important to be attentive to what they play to the benefit of climate change adaptation, food security and the fight against poverty. Profit climate and preservation of natural resources must resonate with economic and social development.
Agrisud International is present at COP21, the United Nations Conference on Climate Change, and is involved in several events:
Tuesday, December 1
- Official launch of the initiative “4 for 1000″ – 10h30-13h – Blue zone, Le Bourget
Wednesday, December 2
- Side event “Désertif’action” CARI – 16h30-18h, Rio Pavilion, Blue Zone, Le Bourget
Thursday, December 3
- Morning “Agroecology” Coordination Sud – 11h-12h30 Climate Generation Space in Le Bourget
- Radio program “#PortesOuvertes” Animation Stéphane Paoli – 13h-14h Place To B, rue de Dunkerque, Paris
- Side event “Agroecology and territory,” Nicolas Hulot Foundation – 15h30-17h climate Generation Space in Le Bourget
Friday, December 4
- Side event “Climate Solidarity”, France Volunteers – 17h-18h30 Climate Generation Space in Le Bourget
Saturday, December 5
- Side event “Local Authorities and climate,” MAEDI – 11h-12h30 Climate Generation Space in Le Bourget
Tuesday, December 8th
- Side Event Mozambique Project, IGF / EtcTerra / Agrisud – 18h30-20h, House of Hunting and Nature, Paris
Thursday, December 10
- COP21 Africa Off Event, LAB Orange “food security” – 10 am-11:30, Hotel Industry, Paris
The team Agrisud you will find with pleasure!